Jupyter Client 7.0¶
This package provides the Python API for starting, managing and communicating with Jupyter kernels.
This document contains the authoritative description of the Jupyter messaging protocol. All developers are strongly encouraged to keep it updated as the implementation evolves, so that we have a single common reference for all protocol details.
- Messaging in Jupyter
- General Message Format
- The Wire Protocol
- Python API
- Messages on the shell (ROUTER/DEALER) channel
- Messages on the Control (ROUTER/DEALER) channel
- Messages on the IOPub (PUB/SUB) channel
- Messages on the stdin (ROUTER/DEALER) channel
- Heartbeat for kernels
- Custom Messages
- Making kernels for Jupyter
- Making simple Python wrapper kernels
- Customizing the kernel’s runtime environment