Changes in Jupyter Client¶
KernelClient.load_connection_info()on KernelClient, etc. for loading connection info directly from a dict, not just from files.
- Include parent headers when adapting messages from older protocol implementations (treats parent headers the same as headers).
- Compatibility fixes in tests for recent changes in ipykernel.
- Another fix for the
start_new_kernel()issue in 4.2.1 affecting slow-starting kernels.
- Fix regression in 4.2 causing
start_new_kernel()to fail while waiting for kernels to become available.
- added jupyter kernelspec remove for removing kernelspecs
- allow specifying the environment for kernel processes via the
namefield to connection files identifying the kernelspec name, so that consumers of connection files (alternate frontends) can identify the kernelspec in use
KernelSpecManager.get_all_specs()for getting all kernelspecs more efficiently
- various improvements to error messages and documentation
The first release of Jupyter Client as its own package.